Information You Provide
In order to create an account to be able to utilize the Services, we may ask you to provide us your email address, mobile phone number, month and year of birth or other information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally (hereinafter “personal data”);
We may collect this information from you at various times and places, such as when you:
- submit account registration forms or otherwise save your information with us on our Services;
- sign up or request to be placed on our email list; and/or
- contact us regarding a question or concern such as when you make inquiries concerning the Services;
Your decision to provide us with information is voluntary, but if you choose not to provide any requested information you may not be able to take advantage of all of the Services’ features.
Privacy of Minors
Our Services are not intended to be used by children and we do not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years of age, you are not permitted to use or otherwise access the Services and should not send any information about yourself to us through the Services.
Information we Collect When you Use the Services
In addition to information that you choose to submit to us, we automatically receive and store certain information when you visit or interact with the Services (“Usage Information”). Usage Information is stored on and accessed from your personal computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever you visit our website or interact with our Services.
Usage Information includes:
- Your IP address, UDID or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”); A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Services, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier;
- your Device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, mobile network information);
- the areas within our Services that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences;
- your Device location;
- your Device characteristics; and
- other Device data, including the time of day you visit our Services.
We use various methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information (“Tracking Technologies”). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your Device. Currently, we do not respond to Do Not Track Signals. A few of the Tracking Technologies used through the Services, include, without limitation, the following (and subsequent technology and methods later developed):
- We also use Google’s offering, Firebase Analytics, which allows us to gain helpful insight regarding App usage and user engagement. To learn more about Firebase Analytics, please visit https://firebase.google.com/docs/analytics.
- Usage Information and Server Logs. As further described above, every time you visit the Services’ web interface, servers log an entry that includes date and time, your IP address, browser type, browser language, referrer and an address of the page requested. When you connect using client software, the server log file adds that includes timestamp, your IP address, your Services username, client platform and client software version.
How We Utilize Tracking Technologies
We use the above Tracking Technologies (or ones we incorporate in the future):
to allow you to use and access the Services;
for the prevention of fraudulent activity and improved security functionality;
to assess the performance of the Services, as part of our analytic practices and to improve the Services;
to identify you when you visit or sign in to our Services;
to keep track of your specified preferences and to track your online activities over time and across third-party sites; and
to deliver content, including ads, relevant to your interests on our Services and third party sites based on how you interact with our advertisements and/or content.
If you send someone else a communication from the Services, such as a message or a voice note, the information you provide on your own accord may be visible to the other party. We do not ever share personally identifiable information e.g. photos publicly nor do we share your privately stored account photos with your Gossyp contacts without your explicit permission. When you connect to another user, they can see your public profile information and other elements you choose to share with them. Your email address and phone number are never shared with other users. Record of the connection may be stored in the call history on your and the other user’s mobile devices. The other user will never see your phone number or email address.
How we Use your Information
We use your personal data, Demographic Information and Usage Information for purposes of:
- Sending you marketing information about Gossyp and other third parties we work with, including through direct mail offerings;
- Sending you email communications such as electronic newsletters about our Services;
- Improving the effectiveness of our Services;
- Processing Services’ account registration;
- Providing customer service, including responding to your inquiries regarding Services;
- Sending you information about orders you have made on the Site;
- Helping us address problems with and improve our Services;
- Providing mobile marketing messages and other communications and messages;
- Protecting the security and integrity of the Services;
- Creating aggregated data and statistics (which does not identify you and which we freely use and share);
- For internal business purposes; and
Sharing of Information with Third Parties
- When You Request We Share With Third Parties:
You may be presented with an option to receive certain information directly from third parties or to have us send certain information to third parties or give them access to it. If you choose to do so, your information may be disclosed to such third parties and all information you disclose will be subject to the third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties. In addition, third parties may store, collect or otherwise have access to your information when you interact with their content through the Services. This may include using third-party tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or other third-party posting or content sharing tools and by so interacting you consent to such third party practices. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of such third parties and, therefore, you should review such third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties prior to requesting information from or otherwise interacting with them.
- Third Parties Providing Services to Company:
We may use third-party service providers to perform certain services on behalf of us or the Services, such as: (i) to assist us in the operations of the Services; (ii) to manage a database of customer information; (iii) hosting the Services; (iv) designing and/or operating the Services’ features; (v) tracking the Services’ activities and analytics; (vi) enabling us to send you special updates or perform other administrative services; and (vii) other services designed to assist us in our business as it relates to the Services. We may provide these vendors with access to user information, including Device Identifiers and personal data, to carry out the services they are performing for you or for us. Third-party analytics and other service providers may set and access their own Tracking Technologies on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, which may include personal data, about you. For any third party we share your personal data with, we enter into contracts limiting their use of your personal data to their provision of services for us.
- To Protect the Rights of Company and Others:
- Affiliates and Business Transfer:
We may disclose and transfer your information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Services; or (ii) in connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including during the course of any due diligence process.
- Online Marketing:
Where permitted by law, we may share your personal information and data related to your activities on our Services for purposes of retargeting our advertisements and other companies’ direct marketing purposes.
Services use a third party hosting provider to store your data. Our third party provider stores your phone number and email address.
Transfer of Information to and from the United States
Our Services are operated in the United States. We do not cater to the users outside the United States at this time.
Securing Your Login Information
If you receive an email that appears to be a request from us for personal data, Do Not Respond as this may be a “phishing” scam designed to steal your information. Never include your credit or debit card number or other sensitive information in an email, as it is not a secure means of transmitting information. It is your responsibility to safeguard any password you create to access the Services.
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of registration. If you wish to update, delete or modify your personal data or do not wish to be contacted via email, direct mail and/or telephone for commercial purposes, please let us know. Provide your exact name and postal or email address or telephone number so that we may identify you accurately. You may also “unsubscribe” from our email by using the link provided at the bottom of each email. In most cases it takes ten (10) days or less to process your “do not email” request. You understand and acknowledge that it may not always be possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from the Services and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by Gossyp to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If we change this policy, we will update this provision and provide instructions on how you may make a request for details. If any other state enacts a similar law as the California law, then this provision will also apply to such state. Nevertheless, if you wish to make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at P.O. Box 391491 Mountain View, CA 94039.
EU AND EEA USERS
This Section provides additional information on how we manage personal data that we receive from residents of the European Union (“EU”) and European Economic Area (“EEA”). These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements.
Address: P.O. Box 391491 Mountain View, CA 94039
EU User Data
We do not cater to users outside the United States. Consequently, we do not use, transfer, disclose, and process personal data of those users.
All personal data inquiries or requests to exercise your Rights should be made to email@example.com or by writing to: Gossyp Inc. at P.O. Box 391491 Mountain View, CA 94039.
Updated: June 30, 2020